Training courses to help you understand customs activities
Our basic training “Customs Compliance I – Overview” is an indispensable course that covers a wide range of topics, including the Administrative Monetary Penalty System (AMPS), applications under the North American Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA) as well as all steps of a customs transaction.
Want to learn more? As a continuation of the Overview, we are pleased to announce our brand-new training session: “Customs Compliance II – Intermediate.” In addition to all the topics covered in the first course, you will become familiar with how to submit a request for a voluntary amendment, write a Compliance Manual and use the Facility for Information Retrieval Management (FIRM) system. Customs compliance will no longer be a mystery to you.
Moreover, we also offer a course on “Customs Classification” so that you can become familiar with the interpretation of the rules of origin and correctly classify your company’s products based on customs tariffs, allowing you to validate the work done by the customs broker.
Who can benefit from this training?
- Logistics and transport officers
- Import-export assistants
- Company representatives
- Accounting employees
- Sales employees
- Department heads
- Business owners
- Anyone interested in customs activities
Training courses offered in our Dorval offices
- Customs Compliance I – Overview: March 9, April 19 and May 18
- Customs Compliance II – Intermediate: March 30, April 27 and June 1st
- Customs Classification: April 6 and May 25
In-company training (3 options)
- Individual or group training at your company’s offices (among three general training sessions that we offer)
- Training adapted to your company’s business realities, your commercial agreements and customs implications
- Turnkey training:
Analysis of your commercial agreements in order to help you introduce a compliance procedure, including training and support for your staff. We will make sure you have all the tools necessary, such as job aids, to help you consistently process your customs transactions on a daily basis.